Bioprint Pro allows you to design and bioprint easily repeatable experiments. With it, you get access to a project-based workflow, our Integrated Shape Editor for easy CAD modeling, and optimized biomaterial presets. The Bioprint Pro software makes bioprinting easy.
Creating a Bioprint project
- Go to the Projects tab of your software. Here you can view previous projects, as well as edit and print them. To create a new one, click ‘New Project’.
- Select the printer you’ll use for this project. You can add a project name and description as well.
- Note: While projects can be edited later, you cannot change your printer model after this step.
- Select the build plate you want to print on. We also have options for dish manufacturer and model for autocalibration purposes
- In the Print Editor section, click ‘Add File’ to upload STL or gcode files. To rotate your view, you can click and drag. You can also scroll to zoom in and out.
- You can also add 3D models by clicking ‘Add Structure’ to use the Integrated Shape Editor. This creates an ‘STL’ which you can then slice using the settings beneath it. You can make cubes, cylinders, or dots.
- Note: Adjusting slicer settings does not change the preview.
- Selecting your materials is easy with Bioprint Pro! Click the drop-down material menu and select a preset. This will automatically populate all the printer parameter fields with our recommended values. You can edit these as desired. Once you’re done, save your project.
Printing a project
- Projects make it easy to repeat the same prints, easily and reproducibly. With all your previous settings already saved, all you need to do is click ‘Print’ to get started!
- Select the printer you want to print on. You can select any printer as long as it matches the model specified in the project.
- The software will now walk you through setting up the print. Insert your chosen build plate.
- Load your materials in the extruders. Confirm the settings and make sure that your air compressor is on. If you are not using the other print heads, you can remove them.
- When ready, click ‘Start Print’ to print your project! The software will ask you to confirm and will automatically autocalibrate any connected print heads.
Have any questions about your projects? Contact the Customer Success team at [email protected].